Not sure if I will try to write in the evenings this week (nine days) to post at one minute past midnight as is my wont, or if I will try to write after I get my eyeballs in every morning.
Things happening at work that I can't write or talk about. I'm a little stressed out and not sure what I'm going to do about it.
::sigh::
We had a substitute custodian once this week during the day, then the same guy came back in the evening on Friday and sub for our evening custodian.
He decided to hang out near the back doors of the electrical room and have a cigarette outside. And the smoke came in through the vents where he was standing and the smell filled the cafeteria.
I only had one child left, and when I smelled the smoke, I went and closed the door to the equipment room, but the RULE is that he is not to be smoking within 1000 feet of the school building. And he ought to know that. Yes, I plan to report it. Moron.
I had to put all my stuff away so the floors can be polished during the break, so spent an extra 20 minutes or so at work this afternoon/evening making sure that was done. I also brought home a few items so that I can take them to our break time program to amuse the kids. There's never enough stuff for them to do, and always lots of extra time to fill during those long days, especially the way things are being run right now. ::sigh again:::
Tracey* is one of my really small kids. K age. This morning I caught her at the art table, coloring with marker in one of our drawing books. It was just a mistake, she thought it was a coloring book. I didn't make a big deal of it, just told her that it was one of the books we use to learn to draw, and that if she wanted some pictures to color, I had some I thought she might like.
She looked up at me with her big blue eyes just overflowing with tears. She felt embarrassed and bad about using markers in one of my books.
I was quick to assure her that it wasn't a big deal, and that we could still see the pictures in the book just fine to use. But the poor little thing was just crushed over making the mistake. No one else even noticed it, either. I felt bad all day that SHE felt bad. Yes, I am silly/sappy/softhearted with little kids. So sue me.
Anyway, during Spring Break week, if you don't see a post from me first thing in the morning, don't panic. There are 24 hours in a day. And I won't be up at 5 AM. Unless I gotta peeeeeeee.
It was snowing at our school this morning.
Some Spring we're having so far.
Aw! Poor little thing. That's exactly the kind of thing that would break my heart, too.
ReplyDeleteOf course you'll be up to pee. Of course you will .;)
Poor little Tracey! It sounds like she's been bitten by the perfectionism bug. Hopefully, she'll be able to forgive herself and move on.
ReplyDeleteAnd good. I'm glad you're reporting him! When someone does something like that when they know other people are around, it makes you wonder what he does when he's there alone! :(
I have a "Learn to Draw" book that survived my four kids, before one of the grandkids colored in it.
ReplyDeleteSpring snow... we're have a spring rain. I think I'll take the rain!
Poor Tracey... bet you handled it well however...
ReplyDeleteThe custodian should be reported...
Spring Snow? :o)
~shoes~