Followers

Sunday, February 03, 2013

Monsters

Woke up at 6 and staggered into the bathroom. Felt some pressure in my head (and yes, a little pain) but I thought, 'I am just tired, I'm sure after I sleep a little longer that I'll be fine.'

Went back to sleep and dreamed of taking care of children who could not or would not do the things I asked them to do. Had a group that was bouncing off walls, hiding from me, throwing things at each other and generally acting like monsters. Although here's a funny thing... in my quest to find them something to do that everyone would join in on, I came up with a craft project that we can do at my school with materials I already have on hand!


Eric snuggled up to me about 8 and as soon as I moved, I felt this horrible bolt of pain. Migraine monster wrapped around my head. I asked him to get me a migraine pill because I was afraid to get up. And the manual dexterity required to get one of them out of its little blister pack is completely beyond me when I have a migraine. If I knew where to write or call to complain, I would. But the generic Imitrex comes from India. Of course on the other hand, about half the customer service calls go there...

So I got the pill down and went back to sleep until 10. That's when I realized I have a double headache. A migraine plus a regular one. I know how weird that sounds, but I don't worry about weird while writing on my blog now.. I've shared plenty here.

So the migraine is gone, but the secondary headache, the one that needed Excedrin, isn't gone yet. Another ::scooching around to look at clock::: 22 minutes and I should be feeling better.

That is, until I get into the shower. One of the side effects of the migraine pill (they're a vascular constrictor) makes me feel like everywhere hot water touches is sunburned.

So the migraine monster has (mostly) slunk off to wherever it is he goes when he's not wrapped around my head, the monsters in my dreams are happily making an aquarium craft project, and I'm heading off to the shower.

And how do you like that? I ended up doing a post today after all!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow a double headache - (triple with the crazy kidlets !!! So sorry but glad you are feeling better and tough enough to take the time to pen a blog too!! W.C.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Migraines are just awful! And double headaches... yuck!

    Hope both are gone this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?