Followers

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

People are so clever!

So you all know about Pinterest, right? Virtual 'pinboard' aka bulletin board.

People 'pin' things for ideas to go back and do later, or they post ideas, thoughts, photos, wedding plans, fashion.

You might think one has to wade through a lot of stupid to find the gems, and you'd be right. I've mentioned it here before, the things that annoy me personally... people using "words" like presh or adorbs. Always amazes me that someone can do that and not feel utterly stupid, especially when they use their real names on their pins.

Well, I waded through some stupid this morning and found a pin to put all other pins to shame. Well, okay, not really, there is a lot of good stuff on there once you wade through the drifts of stupid, but it's a fantastic idea.

My kids have asked me several times for a dollhouse, and I have to tell them that we simply don't have room to store it in our back room. I do have a bin with a few polly pocket houses and a bunch of little accessories, but it's not the same, ya know? In addition, sometime soon we're doing a unit on The Borrowers. As a child, I was enchanted with the idea of the stories, and as an adult I still feel a little of the same magic when I ponder the idea.

I was trying to figure out the best way for us to make little rooms for them to display their ideas (been collecting garbage for months and months) when I found this idea:
dollhouse

Even if a full blown house project is not an option right now, making small little rooms from cardstock with scrapbook paper wallpaper is an amazing idea, and I know some kids (both boys and girls) who will be very excited about the idea.

The person who came up with the idea has a blog (which I added to my sidebar this morning) and is my new best friend. lol.

So what do you think? Isn't that a terrific idea?

It's funny, too. When I was a tweenager, we used to use album jackets the same way... walls, then put furniture in between. My favorite one had a picture of Bobby Sherman. Remember him?

24 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Word.

    I think you may be right. That's the pin of all pins!!! Those are so cute and such a GREAT idea!! Josie has furniture left over from when she did have a doll house (cheap,plastic waste of space) so these would be super easy for us!!

    Thanks for sharing!! Take pictures of what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WILL take some photos. We will be doing the whole Borrower's unit in January, I think.

      it really is an amazing idea, isn't it??

      Delete
  2. I can provide all the scrapbook paper you would want to build an entire city. Just ask! :) This project would intimidate the crap out of me. I will stick with writing books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you HAVE provided all the scrapbook paper!!
      And you could handle this project, you're way more crafty than you'll admit...

      Delete
  3. That is awesome. It would be weird if I made a dollhouse like that for myself, huh? I can't wait to see pictures of what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No,not weird... you could post photos on the internet of your miniatures... your new career!!

      Delete
  4. Remember him? I've been trying to forget him for 40 years now.

    (I think boys and girls have slightly different favorite things :-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how sad, Bobby would be hurt!!

      My favorite thing is probably the same exact thing that's YOUR favorite thing... but I am not going to tell you what it is, I am sure you can figure it out.

      Delete
  5. That's cool! I think this will be right up your alley and you'll do great with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a really smart idea, and am looking forward to it! The kids will enjoy doing it, too.

      Delete
  6. Totes adorbs.

    Oh, wait, that needed multiple exclamation points, didn't it and some emoticons. Oops.

    I use Pinterest to sling things I find elsewhere on the internet. I rarely look at what other people pin. That probably puts me in the "does not play well with others" category. But I think it's handy for the way I want to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few categories that I look at all the time, and it's actually not too bad, wading through the idiocy... but I do get annoyed sometimes. I'm a curmudgeon.

      Delete
  7. LOL Oh AMI - you crack me up! Presh adorbs lovelove just kill me.

    Hell of a fun idea with the dollhouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      You mean *I* am presh??

      Another one that just makes me want to reach through the screen and administer a good smack?
      "Shut the front door!"

      What the blue fuck does that even mean??

      Delete
    2. No idea, but im guessing maybe shut the fuck up?

      Delete
    3. HAHAAAA!! I'd like to TELL the person who wrote it that exact thing!

      Delete
  8. That is AWESOME!! (I mean, totes adorbs. Srsly.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I bet you're thinking about ways to adapt it.
      :)

      Delete
  9. Ah, Pinterest. My giant mind suck. I tried the "organize your area under the kitchen sink with a tension rod" thing... I broke a brand new tension rod. Total waste of 4 bucks. *sigh*

    But I have pulled some fantastic recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried one of the recipes... the Mt Dew and peroxide and can't remember what the other one was... supposed to be a glow stick.

      Didn't work. Then I looked it up on Snopes. It was a hoax.

      Shit.

      Delete
  10. Looks like a great idea, and I agree there is a lot of crap on Pinterest, lots of good stuff too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are great ideas there... it keeps me coming back.

      Delete
  11. Would you believe that I haven't even visited Pinterest yet? It's true!
    non sequitur =>
    For your cracked skin, my husband recommends Wool Wax creme, available online. He likes it because it is not greasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look up the cream... and YOU MUST go check out Pinterest. I have even found tangle ideas there!!

      Delete

Would it kill you to comment?