I can't tell you how many children I have in my program. I'd probably be shot at sunrise (and there are days I'd prefer to be shot at sunrise, lemme tell ya) if I even told you the ratio of boys to girls. Dem corporate secrets are pretty deep, after all. Why, if I told you for example that we sometimes serve crackers for snack, I'd probably be severely disciplined. You might attempt to take over the corporation, you evildoer of evil, you.
BUT!!
I can tell you that the first two weeks of school, I did not have enough children to double staff my program, which is a new experience for me. I have learned from co workers that their numbers are down as well. When asked for suggestions from above on increasing enrollment, I suggested that perhaps if we got JOBS for the PARENTS they might need day care.
I know that six of 'my' children aren't there this year because they're in middle school now, another five of them are now deemed able to be home alone after school, and a couple or three have moved away. Those of course are the fabled 'circumstances beyond our control' that you've heard about. :)
But numbers are going up. And my morning program is as large as my afternoon program on some days, meaning more crafty stuff, more fun, more laughs for me. The kids are, as always, awesome. They're funny, intelligent, creative, generous, adorable... and most of them are veterans of the sit down and talk it over method... which helps immensely with crowd control and hurt feelings. They (mostly) take care of each other's feelings and with the usual ration of 'we don't do that here' are excellent little people.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And more relaxing news... I have my first migraine since August 14th. Yes, I am keeping track. Dr. Dirtball did a medication change for me that seems to be helping with the headaches. Yay. Now the migraine itself is not relaxing, but right now is in a holding pattern, I am outside a couple narcotic-type pain killers, and here's the biggie... I got naked.
But instead of the obligatory peanut butter coating, I put on pajamas. My husband and son are out trying to get crawfish and have some male bonding time, so I don't have to stand on ceremony. No naked and covered with peanut butter for THIS babysitter tonight!!
That's pretty relaxing. And not wearing a bra means the neck muscles have a chance to relax, too.
So I am officially declaring this week a success, hitting post, and doing something else relaxing. Zentangle inspired art.
Want to see more photos or are you tired of it yet? I've been experimenting with circles.
If that doesn't turn you on, I don't know what will.
WOW! That is great! A whole month between migraines!! Hope they continue to be few and far between.
ReplyDelete(Peanutbuttercoatinglololol)
Yeah, I wouldn't be too interested in going craw fishing either.
Have a good weekend Ami :)
I may have missed something because the whole peanut butter/naked thing totally confused me.
ReplyDeleteDid we, at one time, attend the same over night camp or something, cuz I swear, we get migraines together, you and I. This one of mine is a doozie. Good stuff.
Never tired of photos, as long as they aren't of the naked variety. LOL!
ReplyDeleteGlad your new migraine med is working for you. Well, except for today.
ReplyDeleteNot sure I get the peanut butter connection. Does it have anything to do with SEX????
Crackers as a snack for kids? Don't kids have all sorts of allergies and stuff? Is that why it's a no-no?