Followers

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Pretend this is a post, m'kay?

I had a hell of a day. Nothing happened to me... just stuff here and there all around me. Never mind any of it... I can't do anything about it all anyway.

I'm working on the next installment of the work comp thing... I was sent a poster this week to hang up in our back room at work. Our 'rights' to worker's compensation.
That's funny, don't ya think?

The bright yellow piece of paper I wrote on and taped up next to it is pretty funny, too.

But Tami sent me a link on Wednesday evening to this article:

 Top 10 Things You Should Not Feel Guilty About | Urban Bliss Life

I am not a yuppity person... really. No wine tasting or art museums or pretentious word pronunciations (Have you heard "educated" people saying 'ooman' lately instead of human? But I digress.)

Anyway, go read it. It's worth a read. Even if you're like me and not really the 'type' to hang out at a site like that. :)
 

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:29 PM

    Wow! That was a great list! You were right. Numbers 3 and 4 were perfect matches to my last two posts. Weird. Thanks so much for giving me the heads up about it and sharing! You Rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a good list, too. Even if the website is one that I really don't love. :)

      I rock? Aww gee.

      Delete
  2. I want to know what you wrote on that bright yellow piece of paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a speech bubble with the arrow part pointing to 'injured on the job?'

      In the bubble, it says, "Good luck with that. Work comp stinks."

      Then underneath, "Further details upon request."

      Because children do grab a game or toy out of the back room on occasion (while I watch them go in and out) I thought it would be in poor taste to say that the work comp people are a bunch of fucks.

      Not that I'm afraid to say that HERE.

      Delete
  3. As Larry The Cable Guys says, "That's funny and you know it!" ;0) (((hugs)))Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to like Larry but then I found out he has money falling out of his ass.

      lol

      Delete
  4. I, too, want to know what you wrote on that paper!

    That was a pretty good list. I am one to not express my true feelings. But I'm learning. Baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a learned skill, I think.

      And if you learn it early, like when you're a kid, people call you names. Later on, they still call you names but you don't care.
      Ha.

      Delete
  5. I as well wish to know what was on that paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard anyone saying 'ooman' lately. Guess I don't hang out with enough educated peoples. But it drives me bats when someone says 'hair ess ment' instead of 'ha rass ment' or when someone says 'an hysterectomy' instead of 'a hysterectomy'.

    I must hang out with more uterus-free women than oomans.

    Hmm. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?