Followers

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Motivation

I does not have.

I want to be motivated and get a bunch of stuff done. I look around at the mess here and I have good intentions. Really.

What's weird is, about 10 or so at night, when we're thinking about heading to bed (yes, we're old and we try to stay on a regular schedule a bit even when we're enjoying a long weekend) I suddenly feel like doing something.

And of course I don't.

So my plan for today is to finish the laundry. Finish tossing out clothing I just don't wear. Change the bed. Finish cleaning off the kitchen table. I actually have made a good start on that.

And my plan for Monday? Get up at 5. And start the whole work thing again.

But there are only 14 more school days until the winter break. I may be working, in fact I plan to ask for the hours.

But I probably won't be getting up at 5.

I like that.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:07 AM

    Ami- I have been off 4 days for the holiday and only today do I plan to actually get some things done..
    I would say I have procrastinated long enough..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't procrastinate this week. Must get stuff finished before the baby shower~! Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of motivation for the things I want to do; like blogging, writing on my book, taking photos, putting together a puzzle....however, report cards need to be finished to go out on Friday and I do seem to be having difficulty getting that done; now where did you say I could get some of that motiviation?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I'm the queen of procrastination!!! And we're leaving for Phoenix in two weeks. Can you spell PANIC!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to procrastinate about paperwork, always comes back to bite me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:09 AM

    Bad Blogger! You made me think of that stack of papers I have to grade before tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:10 PM

    I would love to see your favorite picture. I remember buying black and white film. SO much fun! My regular camera store wouldn't develop it so I had to send it off! That was one of the best feelings in the world! Getting a return package of film!

    I hope you don't have to get up at 5 too often. That is awfully early! I prefer to get up at 7 : ) Life just seems so much better at 7 am instead of 5 : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same problem... The minute my head hit the pillow at the end of a very long day I get my second wind!
    Sheesh,
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you get a picture of my desk?

    Motivation waxes and wanes around here, too. And it often strikes me when I'm the most tired. I wish it knew it's place. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?