I realized today that I have not been alone at night in more than 30 years. When Eric and I got married, I had been living by myself for about a year, but he stayed with me off and on, too. So yeah, more than 30 years.(I am so old.)
I've always had at least one kid at home at night, or if I'm spending the night elsewhere, other people around.
So this will be an interesting experience.
I have planned at least one shopping excursion (nothing exciting or overstimulating... just a trip to the bookstore) and I'm maybe going to haul out something crafty to occupy my time for a few hours.
There is certainly a lot of stuff that needs to be done around here, but I don't know how much of it I'm really up for.
I can use just one crutch for awhile, so I can at least fetch and carry stuff, so maybe a little cleaning will happen.
Not holding my breath on that one. Besides, if everyone else is on vacation,why should I spend my time cleaning?
I can also listen to any music I want. And no one will harass me about what I'm choosing to listen to or the volume level.
Matt took me grocery shopping Wednesday morning.
I had to use the store's old person scooter thing to do the shopping, but while being pretty conspicuous, it was okay. Gives you a whole different perspective during the shopping excursion for sure.
I stocked up on stuff for meals and a few treats.
Tami and I are going to bake cookies on Monday. I will make her take most of them home. Because otherwise, I will eat them.
This way, I'm sharing the wealth.
Just call me generous.
And lonely.
And P.S.
Maggie is MUCH better.
She's still limping around quite a bit, but that's not unusual with her arthritis. She's able to navigate through the house without the confusion and was out the door first thing in the morning to pee, so that's good. I am glad she's ambulatory and I won't have to try to move her myself.
Enjoy the alone time!!!!
ReplyDeletei was home alone for the first time in weeks the other day and did not one bit of housework! i painted instead. it was wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE being at home by myself during the daytime. I get a little bit antsy at night though. I'm one of those grown-ups who's still afraid of the dark . . . so you can imagine what the house looks like. It's all lit up "Home Alone" style when I'm home alone. LOL
ReplyDeleteYou may actually enjoy the time alone.And the houswork can wait. DO NOT OVER DO IT
ReplyDeleteSo glad Maggie's doing better! And you won't be alone...you'll have her! :)
ReplyDelete