Followers

Friday, April 02, 2010

strrretch... ahh.

I got nothin'.

Work is going along swimmingly. I'm loving my new space in the corner. Even though it's a small room, and everything has to be put in there like a tetris game, it's big enough that I have been able to add some things that enhance my program... and then I can just close the doors on it.

Yesterday was our monthly trip with the company to Sprawlmart. I bought some
Mighty Beanz and some fun noodles. Split the noodles down the middle to make a long trough for the kids to use as tracks. They're having a great time with it, it was the first thing they asked for this morning upon arrival.

I had so much crap to put away this morning that I was a little slow getting out of the school. Then, I stopped by the office to give the office staff a little craft project I made (chocolate inside, which makes any project look good) and ended up talking with the staff for a few minutes. We're supposed to have a good relationship with the staff at our schools, it's just part of the job.

It's not a chore in this case, they're really nice people.

As I was getting ready to leave, I realized the head pressure I woke up with at five had just crossed the line into migraine. So I took a pill.

I drove across town and walked into my PT appointment on the dot of 9. So I wasn't late. Julia (I've mentioned her before... Shawn's sidekick and all-around good guy) takes really good care of me. She's always friendly and smiling. I like her quite a bit.

I always get an ice pack for my knee as well as the shoulder, and I get a blanket, too. It doesn't really keep me warm since I'm, well, packed in ice, but it takes the edge off.

I told her I had a headache, so I got to rest in a dark room with my feet up while I was packed in ice. No bright lights in my face. No one making demands. Very little noise. Almost fell asleep.

Shawn got me started on some more new exercises this morning, too. Designed to get the arm and shoulder moving in directions it hasn't been moved in for, well, since I hurt myself in September. So it's stiff. It hurts. But the stretch feels really good at the same time.

I haven't been able to have a really good stretch for going on five months now. You know how you wake up in the morning and you do the whole yawn and stretch thing?

Or at least girls do. We yawn and stretch and rub our eyes when we wake up because we don't have balls to scratch.

I haven't been able to stretch that way, and I miss it. So I'm hoping with the new exercises mixed into the bunch that I'll eventually get that luxurious stretch back.

About the time I was finishing up with the appointment, the migraine started to loosen its grip on my brain. As I write this, I still have a residual headache, and I'm starting to wonder if this might be one of my 'doubles'. It's like a headache in layers. The Sumatriptan takes the migraine layer away, but under that is a regular headache layer.
Which may need Excedrin.

Shall wait and see.

Meanwhile, it's Friday. That means I fly solo this afternoon, when we have fewer than 15 kids (and we do, right now there are supposed to be 13, but usually I end up with 12 or fewer on Friday afternoons) I don't get a second staff member.

I think that's weird. I think there should always be two staff people on site, but they didn't ask me what I thought.

Nor are they likely to. Ever.

8 comments:

  1. We don't have balls to scratch? ;)

    I hope your headache goes away and you have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for Shawn! Migraine's are awful.. I have had 2 in my life and thought I was dying.. I hope you feel better!!!

    OH, and here at Peyton's Pre-k they are required to ALWAYS have 2 teachers in the room. Even if there is only 1 child. Teachers are NEVER allowed to be alone with the kids..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:42 PM

    Hope you have a good weekend and the headache goes away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:41 PM

    Ah, fairly uneventful days are better than crazy ones. Take it easy (headaches - blech!), and have a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Migraines suck!! Glad your physio guys& gal had a quiet place for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have taken such good care of me at that place. They're very professional and all that, that's their job.

    But they make me feel cared for and cared about...far beyond what people just doing their job would do.

    I am not happy about hurting myself, and I certainly don't plan to do it anymore, but I will miss seeing Shawn and Julia both after all this is over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sort of surprised in this litigious day and age that they don't have a minimum of two staff members with the kids at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have to keep good relations with the school staff where we have our gym program too. It isn't too tough either.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?