Saturday morning I did not get out of bed until 10:30 (unless you count the pee vacation I took at 7:20).
After I got out of bed and found some pajama pants and slippers, I sat around awhile. Then I took a shower. Then I sat around some more.
You might think I was being lazy.
You'd be right.
We took Lyssa to a teen night thing at OMSI at 7 and drove back out our way to do the weekly grocery shopping.
We had just gotten started with it when she called and said she was ready to leave and could we come get her? After making sure that she'd manage for awhile, we went ahead and finished our shopping.
Back into the vehicle and off to OMSI to get the kid. By the time we picked her up the migraine medicine had worked, she no longer had a headache, but she was still done. She marveled over the amount of cologne and perfume in the air and said that the noise level was just too much for her.
After we put away all the groceries, I sat here at the kitchen table messing around on my computer and carefully avoiding the idea that I really needed to get something done... and wandered off to bed about eleven.
Slept in again until 9 today. Lyssa and I are going to run to the craft store for some feathers and beads and whatever. 'My' kids are making spring chickens this week, and I don't think I'll have enough feathers for them.
Eric's grilling dead cow of some sort this afternoon, and I'm going to visit my favorite chiropractor and his famous (or is that notorious?) wife and family.
I'm also going to find a clear plastic jar somewhere around here (I have a stash somewhere...) and fill one with jelly beans. We'll have a 'guess how many jelly beans' contest at work and let the winner take them home.
I plan to wait until the last day of school before the break to do so. The lucky winner can eat all that sugar at home. Or at least away from my program.
:)
The excitement just never ends at Casa Mental.
Sounds like you've had a much needed restful weekend! Sorry about Lyssa's headache. :(
ReplyDeleteYou saying you needed feathers for a craft instantly brought back a memory from something I made as a child. I can't remember, if it was in school, or where, but it was so much fun! It was a gooney bird marionette. The one I made as kid had half a Styrofoam ball glued to a canning jar ring, so it made a wonderful clopping sound when I'd make it walk. While this one isn't as cute or big as the one I made when I was a kid, you likely have most everything to make these with the kids at school: http://tinyurl.com/ybu58ln
Mine looked more like this: http://tinyurl.com/ydx8364
I bet the kids would like them no matter what they looked like, though! :)
I'm guessing over 200 jelly beans. Do I win? ;) I'm so glad you were able to sleep in regardless of the pee vacation.
ReplyDeleteI'm still in my robe and it's almost 2pm here. I really should do more than read blogs and laundry today but I'm afraid of all the sick people in my house.
Hugs!!
Sounds like a good way to spend the weekend(except the headache)
ReplyDelete