Followers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Attention Homeschoolers..

I may end up writing another post for today, not sure right now.

But if you homeschool, you have probably felt the worry over educrats/snoopy neighbors/stupid politicians who want to stick their too-long noses into your life, either hoping to regulate the education of your children, regulate it further, or totally stop you from exercising the right to educate your child(ren).

Many years ago, our family appeared on Swedish television on their version of 60 Minutes (Called Kalla Fakta, or 'Cold Facts') with the story of how we ended up homeschooling.

It's a longish tale and I'll write it up for you sometime this week.

But if you'd like to help the very few people in Sweden who have managed to homeschool despite ridiculous regulations and rules and harrassment (bear in mind that the homeschooling regulations in Sweden makes the regulations in Pennsylvania look like nuthin') keep their right to do so, and you have a little extra time, consider reading this link:
Diary of a Mad Editor: Let's help homeschoolers in Sweden! and writing an email or two.

Please consider posting the link to your own blog and sending it to your local or national homeschool discussion list as well.

I'd love to see a flood of letter and emails... not that I'd actually see them, but yeah. Figuratively speaking.

Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not holding my breath that the letters of other homeschoolers will have any influence on the decision making of Swedish politicians. Sad, sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:50 PM

    I have to agree with Such Lovely Freckles. On the other hand, I'm also not a believer in doing nothing and complaining later. I will find some free time to compose something cogently terse over spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:01 PM

    I hope all of us will do what we can and send letters, and hope for the best for Sweden. It may be all we can do, but if we all get involved, at least we are supporting our fellow homeschoolers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad my ancestors migrated to the United States when they did. Yikes!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was a lot of news last week on a family who is trying to immigrate to area because they are from Germany and it is illegal to home school there and their children could be taken from them. They are claiming refugee status. I have heard stories of people having their children taken in Europe because they are home schooling them.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?