We played outside this week at work.
It wasn't blowing.
It wasn't raining.
Definite cause for celebration at this time of year.
Amelia* (age 7) called the other girls in her little group 'bitches' on the playground.
"They made me mad," she said.
At least two of that group ARE bitches on occasion. I can say that here, but so far, I've managed to avoid saying it (out loud) while at work.
Amelia's mom was not happy to hear about it when Sunshine told her. I imagine it will be awhile before we hear it from her again, but I'm sure the word will come out again sometime.
Today my muscles are no longer sore anywhere from the Yoga, so that's good.
I started to get the pressure in my head yesterday that signifies a migraine coming on. I tried to deny it, and went back to bed yesterday morning. I wanted to pretend that I was just tired, I guess. So even though I got about 25 interruptions in the 2 hours or so, I did get a little more rest.
The pressure was still there when I woke up. After a shower, some soup, and two Excedrin, it was still there. I smacked myself in the forehead, well duh, you doofus, you're getting a migraine because you're hormonal right now and I took my migraine medicine.
The pressure never developed into a headache!! I think I'm finally starting to get it, and if I'm paying attention, will be able to catch most of them before they get bad. At least I hope so.
By the time kids started arriving after school, the pressure was in retreat. I walked around the rest of the afternoon feeling like a mule had kicked me in the ass, though. For some reason, that stuff makes my muscles hurt, those ones especially.
Ha, funny... either I have the pain in the ass of a headache or the pain in the ass of NOT having a headache.
My income tax refund showed up in my bank account this morning. I'll be sending a chunk of it to the credit card company, because I charged a new computer last weekend, knowing I'd be getting the refund.
No, there's nothing wrong with this computer, but we're in need of another, and this one is getting a little older. I want to save the important stuff from it, and reformat so it will run like a new one again.
We have a house with two front entrances. One end of the house used to be the living room (it's now our bedroom) and there's a door to the outside there. The other door is next to the driveway, and is the one we use. We park there, so it makes sense. The living room used to be a two car garage. The former owner of the house had it converted.
So at 6:00 this morning, someone started knocking on the outside door, which is the door that leads into my bedroom.
I got up, and turned on the porch light to the other door (the one we use) and told Eric that there was someone knocking. Freaked me out... 6:00 AM and Matt's not home, because he's at work... so of course you know where my mind went.
It wasn't anything bad, though. It was the guy Eric works for dropping off the paychecks for Eric to distribute today. He just didn't know which door to use.
Okay. I have lots more stuff just crashing around in my head, but I also have things that need to be done.
Oh oh..bad words..you know..not meaning to sound like a liberal parent (rofl, you kinda have to get my humor), but ALL kids go through this stage. ALL..MY KID INCLUDED. (sigh-gasp, yep, heard that right.)
ReplyDeleteI so enjoy reading about your day. Thanks for making me smile. Blessings
Early morning knocking always freaks me out.
ReplyDeleteMorning! it is 2 am and the boys and I are off on an adventure... I HAD to stop and read your daily before we head out..
ReplyDeleteGlad your ass hurt and not your head! You know there has to be a way to put that on a card!
Glad you kicked that headache in the butt. I am not fond of the door bell ringing in the middle of the night or early in the morning either. Last few times it was because of the donkey being out.
ReplyDelete