Followers

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Know what makes me pissy?

Not sleeping well. I hate that.

I was afraid I'd oversleep and not be able to cover the morning shift yesterday.


IF they were going to have school.

I didn't allow myself to get into a deep sleep all night long, really. When I have to work for someone at 6:30, I am scared to death I'll oversleep.

We went to bed about 10:30 after watching the news for the latest school closures. EVERY OTHER DAMN SCHOOL in the entire metro area had called it by 10:00 pm. But the district I work in? HELL no.


I got up at 11:30 after I heard Matt leave for work. Checked the local news websites for updated school information. Nothing. It was snowing.

Went back to bed. Dreamed about oversleeping.

Woke up at 2 to pee and look out the window. It was snowing. Back to bed, where I dreamed some more about oversleeping.

Woke up again at 4 to check weather report/school closures. Nothing new. It was snowing.

There was no way to get back to sleep after that, although I tried.
I got up at five and took a shower, figuring that I'd have to be ready to leave in one hour.

Checked for updated school info.

Dried my hair and started searching for something to wear.

The telephone rang at 5:37. You know, after I was just about ready.

School was canceled.

Shit.
But yay.
But SHIT.
EVERY OTHER DAMN DISTRICT in the UNIVERSE got to sleep in Friday morning, secure in the knowledge that school had been canceled for the day.

7 comments:

  1. That kind of thing can make someone Pissy! Hopefully you had a great day anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the same sort of night, so afraid of oversleeping I can't sleep.

    Our schools do that too. When the teachers were on strike they didn't officially cancel school until 6 am. That's a little late to get a sitter.

    Hope you got to take a nap during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh so sorry you didn't get sleep and that they waited till the last possible moment to cancel school. I hope you can catch up on some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, man! That would make me grumpy, too. I do not function well without a good night's sleep. And the kicker? I can't nap, even when I'm tired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done the same thing... I say you have chocolate cake and relax for the day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. that happened to us, we had actually gotten to work a couple of years ago and were basically told to go home. sure it was nice to be home, but after we'd both gotten out in our 4WD and spent half an hour driving the 3 miles to get there, they could have said something sooner, ESPECIALLY since it was a university, and they never close down. i mean if you're going to close, close early, right? idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a rough night/day. The pits, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?