No, I didn't have one and won't be having one any time soon. As a matter of fact, you can look for a star in the East if I get pregnant.
The Oregon Zoo has a new elephant calf. According to this article, New elephant greets his public
the little elephant has been available for viewing since last weekend.
He's been in the news since he was born. The keepers thought his mother (who was also born here in Portland) could possibly harm him, She was kicking him and stomping on him when he didn't get up right away, so they were separated at birth.
The zoo keepers had to work like hell at reuniting them. They're apparently doing well now.
It's a cute baby, and elephants are interesting critters, but what gets me about this whole thing was that according to ultrasound and all the professionals, they were expecting a female calf.
Now feel free to explain to me how they could not tell it was a male by looking at the ultrasound.
I mean, with some species, I'm sure it's hard to discern, but you'd think an elephant's penis would be large enough to show up.
Just one of those things I think about.
Not that I ponder elephant penises on a regular basis.
Just during this particular episode in history.
you would think it would be big enough to see. That just goes to show you that Drs are not always 100% correct.
ReplyDeleteI'm with kitten! Glad to hear this is not a regular part of your thought patterns!
ReplyDeleteCheers
I have lost all faith in modern medicine. :( They killed my grandma last christmas (okay, so they made a mistake that killed her).
ReplyDeleteOkay, so that has absolutely nothing to do with your post. Sorry about that.
Anyways, we went to see the baby last week, but decided not to, when we saw the mile long line by the elephant house. Maybe another time. :)
Ah yes, I restored my link list. Woohooo!
that is just hilarious, my hubby every once in while says, you should have seen what i saw on the discovery channel one day it was THIS LONG And then hold his hands about 2 1/2 feet apart, in reference to an elephant penis.
ReplyDeletehe he
yup, doctors can def. be wrong, that's why we skipped 'finding out' = better surprise and they could be totally wrong anyway.
I can't believe they didn't see it either. I don't normally think of those things, but I am sure I will be today;0) now that I read this.
ReplyDelete