Followers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm very boring this week, but

As much as my stuffy head will allow, I've been following the whole financial crisis we're all in.

I've surfed around the web and read all kinds of stories designed to explain to me, Jane Average, about what has happened and why we're where we are,
Commentary: How we got into this money mess - CNN.com and they make sense. That's just one. There are lots more.

I still don't understand why we're going to throw money at the problem. And it worries me mightily that the government will be running even more of the system.

The big surprise is that it didn't all turn to shit before this.


The company my hubby works for has cut hours to their regular employees, four 10 hour days a week.
This is not good.
It's scary, actually.
Now Eric will still be working five days, and right now at least, have a regular salary.

But if something happens, as it so easily can, then what?

In the wacked out economy we're in, who can afford to landscape?

A person I know through email suggested we all batten down the hatches... and that it won't matter who we elect and install in the Oval Office.

I think he may be right, but I thought that already. It really doesn't matter who's there. This is not a good time for people, and I think it's about to get worse.

3 comments:

  1. You're supposed to be resting, not trying to solve the country's economic crisis.

    You're right about it all, and I have a feeling it's going to get much worse before it gets better.

    I have LOTS of thoughts on this subject, but I usually don't comment on political issues in cyberspace. Well that's not true. I comment on political issues in cyberspace all the time, but I'm not in the mood right now, LOL.

    I really just dropped by to say that I hope you're feeling better. Seems like you're getting your sense of humor back, and we all know that's a start. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:20 PM

    I worry about the effect it will have here as well. I bemoan the fact there isn't a huge nest egg there in case of emergencies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Dan lost his job back in June of 10 years. The factories around here are leaving. He is brick laying, but it is seasonal.
    Glad to see you feeling some better!

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?