Funny how the world rejoices over a NEW YEAR. A chance for a new start and all that.
The world doesn't seem any different to me today than yesterday except it's windy out (living in the mouth of the Columbia River Gorge gets us lots of that). Because it's windy, it's cold. Nothing new.
Matt went out last night with some friends.
Here's what a party animal my son is.
They went out for dinner at Olive Garden. After dinner, they went to the home of one of the girls (where she still lives with her parents), watched a movie, played some games, and (I'm assuming) said, "Happy New Year!" at the appropriate moment.
He was home by one. Sober of course. He watched the rest of the episode of Freaks and Geeks that I was watching on my little tiny television in the kitchen.
I looked at my tall, handsome son. And I said to myself, Wow. He sure has changed. He's just not the same little boy who used to push notes under the bathroom door. (Dere mom can i have a cookee plees?)
Then, I looked at my beautiful daughter. Miss Creative and Imaginative. She is enjoying her iPod so much. It's been attached to her for a week. She's been drawing so much lately that her wrists ache. Both hands. She's practicing drawing with both hands again. She sat here and worked on a story she's writing.
How did the kids get so big?
I'm so, so glad we decided to homeschool. All that time I've been able to spend with my kids and watch them grow has been such a gift.
The passage of another year just makes me realize how short time really is.
Your kids sound fantastic. Have a very happy New Year, Ami.
ReplyDeleteEmotional triggers. Gotta love them. ;) I didn't even consider how big my kids have gotten today, but on my older daughter's last birthday, I actually teared up over it. Sometimes it's just something they do, or say, or wear that causes it. Either way, it's bittersweet.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you and your great family :)
Happy New Year!
ReplyDeletep.s. Mr. Incredible and I are big Freaks and Geeks fans!
Happy New Years. Thanks for always being there.
ReplyDeleteLove and peace,
Kel
I can't imagine not spending every day with them-even when they annoy me greatly and we have a terrible, rotten, no-good, very bad day.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
ReplyDeleteEven thou we home school and are with are kids more than most we can still wake up one morning and ask who are you and were is my little one. (Funny, but true)
Kids do grow up and become responsible. Must be the good parenting? Probably :-)
ReplyDelete