Followers

Saturday, January 12, 2008

He Left Me!!

Eric got up this morning and left to go on a hike.
Without me.

::sigh::


He packed his snack and his coat and all and left about half an hour ago to drive up the Gorge and see a few waterfalls.


Why did he leave without me, you ask?


Well, first of all, a person who gets up before 8 a.m. on a weekend
on purpose just ain't quite right.

I'm sorry, I know that's sorta mean, but there it is.
If I
can sleep in, I do. I need more rest than I get (who doesn't?) and weekends are a good opportunity to do just that.
So the idea of rolling out of my nice warm bed to go out and freeze my noonies off on an early morning hike is pretty much
out of the question.

Also.
My feet hurt.
I keep meaning to get them worked on, but between the
busy-ness of my friends and my own lack of spare time, I think I'll be limping along a little longer.

I have a little headache, too. (which will go away after I shower and eat, I suspect.)


He took my camera with him, so I can at least see some waterfall pictures.
If he takes any.


I also have laundry to do, a birthday cake to bake and decorate for my favorite chiropractor, a few floors to sweep and some thank-you notes to write.


I'm also going to play a little this weekend! Yes, on purpose!
I'm going to drag out some scrapbooking materials and try to do at least three full page spreads.

I'm
already imagining.

And.

I am going to get the sewing machine out. I have to sew up a butt flap on a pair of pj's. I'm going to try to do that while the cake is in the oven, since the cake and the pj's go to the same house.

Buttflaps and baking.
Wow. It just doesn't get any better than this.





6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:44 AM

    You are too silly [but very creative and productive!]
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:38 AM

    Oh dear. I am the source of the need for the cake and the buttflap pjs. We can find time for you and your feet Susan, no matter what. I'm feeling terribly guilty now . . . please get over here soon so you won't miss the next hike just 'cuz you're being such a good friend to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:22 PM

    I sleep in most weekend mornings. My alarm goes off at 5:45am and I don't go to bed until after 11pm. So I need the sleep too. However, if I have to get up early I do.

    Sounds like you have a good day planned anyway. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you. During the summer, Vic went fishing several times at 6am on a Saturday. I told him the fish would still be in the river at noon, but he wasn't having it, and ended up going without me. Considering the circumstances, I wasn't really that bummed about it.

    Good luck on all your projects. At least some of them are really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good hike and waterfalls!, but if I have the pleasure to sleep in, I'm with you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in a warm climate, but when it drops below 50 degrees, I don't even want to go outside of the house. How could I ever survive again in a cold, cold place?

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?