I must share my disappointment with you, the three faithful readers of my blog. Remember the travel trailer that never travels? It belongs to Cletus. It's parked across the street. On Sunday, he moved it to the front yard, and we spied him taking pictures of it with a DIGITAL! camera!
I suspected he was selling it.
I was right.
The ad is on a local website featuring items for sale. In the ad, (he is asking 650 dollars for a 40 year old travel trailer...!!) he gives his cell phone number and his name.
Justin.
I'm so depressed. Justin? JUSTIN??
I could have believed Jethro. Buford has a nice country-come-to-town ring to it. Roscoe. Clem. Festus?
I won't be able to think of him as Justin, I can tell you that. He'll always be Cletus to me.
Take heart, my friend. Most likely his name IS Cletus. He just is using "Justin" to appear more likely to be selling a quality item. He wanted a non-redneck name and Justin seemed right. No one who installs air conditioners like he does can have a mother smart enough to name him Justin.
ReplyDeleteYes, Justin is obviously a pseudonym. I wonder what Cletus-type secret he's hiding by using a fake name.
ReplyDeletesnort is the perfect category for this post! Too funny!
ReplyDeleteThat's ok, we can just pretend you didn't tell us that, cuz you know he will always be Cletus to us!
LB
He'll always be Cletus to me. Maybe Justin is his middle name?
ReplyDelete