This afternoon at work we were having reading time. We have a quiet half hour, lying on beanbag chairs, sitting on the carpet or place of our choice, reading a book. I wished I had brought MY book, but I didn't know we were going to do that today.Ah well, I found another way to amuse myself.
We keep the kids behind closed and locked doors when we're inside the building. Sadly, the way the world is, we have to lock children up to keep them safe. We can't seem to catch all the bad people out there that might hurt them. So we lock in.
Our location for the summer has no windows. We have a metal door with a peephole in it. Parents come to the door and knock loudly. The adults open the door after making sure it's a parent knocking by looking through the peephole.
Well, evidently there are some observant kids hanging out near our playground this summer. Bored. Nothing much to do. So they think it's quite humorous to come over and knock on the door, then run like hell. So when we open the door, there's NO ONE THERE! They did it about 5 times this afternoon, twice while we were reading. :::sigh:::
After the fourth time, I closed the door, but did not walk away. Instead, I stood with my eye up to the peephole, watching for them to come back. I didn't have to wait all that long before I saw them creeping up to the building. The kid who was getting ready to knock on the door was motioning to his friend to hide behind a pillar, and getting ready to knock. I placed my hands on the bar, ready to open it. He reached out to knock as I THREW the door open. I roared at him just as loud as I could. Oh my GAWD, it was just like the movies. His eyes got huge, he threw up his hands, he screamed very loud and they both ran.
I think he may have crapped his pants.
All 'my' kids started laughing and laughing. Holding their stomachs and rolling on the floor, literally.
So much for reading time.
My throat is a little scratchy tonight because I roared REALLY loud. It was totally worth it.
I really think that's the funniest thing I've ever done. At least the funniest one I can confess in public.
Oh Ami, that is the funniest thing I've seen today. I actually have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard! LOL
ReplyDeleteLMAO! That'll teach the little buggers. ;)
ReplyDeleteI did that once to a bunch of girl scouts who cried "spider" one too many times. After 4-5 times running down the hill screaming, I ran up behind their tent and grabbed a foot through the wall of the tent. I was later reprimanded by the Camp Director for endangering them as they all SCREAMED and RAN FOR THEIR LIVES, but you know what...they didn't do it again :) Glad to see their are other evil people in the world
ReplyDeleteOf course you're referring to the fact that those two boys who kept bothering us are evil, you're not suggesting that *I* am, right?
ReplyDeleteI'm ROFL! That is just too funny! Thanks for the cheers!
ReplyDeletekitten