Friday morning I had my second annual mammogram. I wrote about last year's right here.
My appointment yesterday was at 9 a.m.. I arrived about 5 minutes early. By 9, I was in one of the little dressing rooms putting on the skimpy little pink 'wear this open in front' shirt.
I sat for a few minutes, not knowing how long I'd have to wait, wishing I had brought something to read. Other than all the notices posted on the inside of the cubicle (please turn off your cell phone, if you are pregnant or nursing please tell us, if we need to do an ultrasound of your breast today and you don't have enough time, we can reschedule, and take your valuables with you) there was exactly one reading choice. SHAPE magazine. The cover featured a muscular 52 lb woman in a bikini. Flat chested, (I'm almost positive she can never have a mammogram) with a predatory look, she smiled and looked scrawny. I am sure she has more testosterone in her little finger than I do in my whole body, but geez. The cover invited me to 'find out how she has a body like this WITHOUT A TRAINER!'
Well B.F.D.
I don't have a trainer either.
9:05, squished into the machine. 9:15, done and out the door.
It is truly amazing. They must make an incredible amount of money at Epic Imaging. The waiting room is always full, but no one has to wait very long.
Zooooooooom... cha-ching!!
It was painless, by the way. I think it's important to schedule one at the correct time in one's cycle. They had all-new equipment this year, too.
I was afraid until last year to get one, but it's a good idea to keep up with stuff like that, especially for me. I have breast cancer on both sides of my family.
Go. Get it taken care of. Peace of mind is a good thing.
My appointment yesterday was at 9 a.m.. I arrived about 5 minutes early. By 9, I was in one of the little dressing rooms putting on the skimpy little pink 'wear this open in front' shirt.
I sat for a few minutes, not knowing how long I'd have to wait, wishing I had brought something to read. Other than all the notices posted on the inside of the cubicle (please turn off your cell phone, if you are pregnant or nursing please tell us, if we need to do an ultrasound of your breast today and you don't have enough time, we can reschedule, and take your valuables with you) there was exactly one reading choice. SHAPE magazine. The cover featured a muscular 52 lb woman in a bikini. Flat chested, (I'm almost positive she can never have a mammogram) with a predatory look, she smiled and looked scrawny. I am sure she has more testosterone in her little finger than I do in my whole body, but geez. The cover invited me to 'find out how she has a body like this WITHOUT A TRAINER!'
Well B.F.D.
I don't have a trainer either.
9:05, squished into the machine. 9:15, done and out the door.
It is truly amazing. They must make an incredible amount of money at Epic Imaging. The waiting room is always full, but no one has to wait very long.
Zooooooooom... cha-ching!!
It was painless, by the way. I think it's important to schedule one at the correct time in one's cycle. They had all-new equipment this year, too.
I was afraid until last year to get one, but it's a good idea to keep up with stuff like that, especially for me. I have breast cancer on both sides of my family.
Go. Get it taken care of. Peace of mind is a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would it kill you to comment?