Remember the Saturday morning cartoons? And the segment that appeared in between some of the shows... no, not Schoolhouse Rock.
In The News! I can't tell you about a single segment, but I was a weird kid. I watched the cartoons so I could catch things like Schoolhouse Rock. I still have the entire Schoolhouse Rock series on one videotape. Anyone want it?
But (say it with me) I DIGRESS!
Have you been watching the news lately?
IN the news....
I heard today that the body of James Brown was finally released for burial. I'm pretty sure it finally happened because they've established beyond reasonable doubt that he was not the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby.
The news of the latest Pop Tarts and their assorted addictions, hangers-on, scummy entourages and rehab/no rehab is really starting to piss me off. I've heard the Britney saga (and the Anna Nicole mess, and the Paris Hilton Skank-fest and the ditz-of-the-week) referred to as train wrecks, but I disagree. With a train wreck, I care about the survivors and victims. With these, um, people? I really don't.
It's misdirection. While everyone drools over the antics of a bunch of blockheaded idiots, all sorts of things are going on that we're not hearing about.
No. Really. I know how this surprises you, but it's true. The REAL news isn't on.
some people are just shit. you have to scrape them off your feet and move on. it doesn't help to have them in our faces 24 hours a day. the "news" media are like male dogs after a bitch in heat. they all run sniffing after the same story. none of them can think independently or report on anything important. they're being run by people who don't want us to know what is going on for real.
ReplyDelete