I was on Joe Wilson 's side until he apologized for telling the truth. Not very diplomatic to shout while the president was speaking, of course, but you know, it's not all that diplomatic to lie to the whole country. Repeatedly. With a straight face, no less.
"Now is the time to act," Obama told an audience near the White House. (He read carefully from a teleprompter, by the way.) "We have talked this issue to death. ... The time for talk is winding down. The time for bickering is past."
My ass. We have not talked it to death. YOU have tried to sneak too many plans/czars/end runs around the US Constitution. You've screwed us for generations to come and it's not a wonder people are shouting.
You're not fooling us. Even some of the people you had fooled are no longer with you.
It's "bickering" when people don't want your shitty legislation forced upon them?
It's bickering when we're tired of watching you wipe your ass on the Constitution of the United States? Have you even read it? Somehow I doubt you have. Go here and take a look.
Full Text of the Constitution of the United States Freedom Documents
It's bickering when we gather in town halls and in senate offices and write you letters to remind you that YOU work for US... not the other way around?
Bickering? Could you be any more condescending and patronizing?
You have simply forgotten your place. You're supposed to be the servant of the people. Go back and read that Constitution again.
Obama steps up call for health care reform - CNN.com "Obama has also pushed for the federal government to provide greater financial assistance to those who can't afford insurance."
UM HELLOOOOOOOO!!
The 'federal government' is not the entity already providing financial assistance to the whole fucking world.
Jesus Henry Christ.
WE are.
You know, the TAXPAYERS.
The people who pay your salary.
Those of us who are working are having our money stolen to pay for all kinds of shit for people who are not.
Is there ANYONE naive enough to believe that our president's health 'care' plans will not increase the deficit and will not increase our taxes?
It's NOT POSSIBLE to spend and spend and spend without any money in the bank without huge penalties. And you are penalizing generations yet to come. What the hell did they ever do to you??
Is there still someone naive enough to believe that Obama or any of his minions care what happens to you and yours?
Why is anyone still on the good ship Hopeychangey, sailing blithely off to the land of socialism/fascism? I don't get it.
And for those who don't understand what I mean by that, here's a short tutorial I grabbed from an email this week.
If you think government should own businesses, you are a socialist.
If you think government should regulate businesses, you are a fascist.
If you think businesses should be regulated only by their customer's desires, you are a capitalist.
Write me down as a capitalist who believes that no matter how many unicorn farts we have wafting overhead, and no matter how many little congresscritters are sprinkling buckets of fairy dust (my suspicion is that it's really ground Harpy mixed with glass) over the US, the only people who aren't getting a royal screwing are the goddamn politicians. (And that means politicians from all parties. The Republican party is just as diseased and rotted as the Democrats.)
And also write me down as someone who's helplessly watching the ship Hopeychangey sailing away with some of my friends still on board. They don't even get that there are no lifeboats.
When that thing sinks, they're gonna be shocked.
I hope they know how to swim. Because in the spirit of Teddy Kennedy, neither Obama nor his minions will do so much as throw 'em a lifejacket.
Really, tell us how you honestly feel! ;)
ReplyDeleteYou know I am with you on this. Vote everyone out no matter what party! OK maybe not everyone, but as many as possible! Luckily there are many people acting an a strong anchor on the good ship HopeyChangey keeping it from going full steam ahead!
The people who wrote and fought to make this a country are probably rolling over in their graves on how far we have strayed from the original design.Many people have fallen for all the hype and smooth talking and not have noticed that we are turning into a socialist country.The freedom we are supposed to have is going down,down the drain.It's sad how many believe the rhetoric being spoon fed to them.I know I have many friends on the ship HopeyChangey who do not realize there are no life jackets aboard.
ReplyDeleteSo many inter-related legislative challenges, and so many people trying to make things happen. Step by step plan to fix America (and this isn't perfect; I'm a social liberal and fiscal conservative, with NO CLUE about politics):
ReplyDelete1. Ship the illegal immigrants/undocumented workers out. No amnesty, no "You've been here this long, so you can become a citizen". No, no, no. Buh-bye.
2. THEN fix everything else in America, starting with bad legislation that is contrary to the Constitution.
Um, I can't get into details, because politics bores me. I'll leave that to my husband, the Political Science major. LOL
Oh Ami, I feel the same way. Everything about the state of this country scares me. I can't even think about the interest on the money we owe China alone. We don't have extra money for anything as a country right now. Hope you feel better after getting this out!
ReplyDeleteHugs!!
AMEN!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo how do you really feel?
ReplyDeleteUm, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
Have a great weekend.
xo
AMEN!
ReplyDeleteThe entire system is broken..
Not only does he lie, but when the businesses turn to gov't insurance because it's cheaper than what we have now, who goes out of business? Then we are all forced to get govt insurance. And you know what else? We are fortunate enough that we pay our own medical bills. We don't really use insurance. (it is an HSA with a $6000 deductible - which we never use) His crap makes it a crime for doctors to treat the uninsured. So when this govt ins takes over and we don't want it, the fact that I walk in there with cash makes no nevermind. The doctor, under this plan, would be fined for treating me.??? Problems with this plan, I think.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.opencongress.org/articles/view/1219-Joe-Wilson-Voted-to-Provide-Taxpayer-Money-for-Illegal-Immigrants-Healthcare
ReplyDeleteRant all you want, but here's an article, with other links, proving that Wilson voted for an Act that authorized money for illegals. So, can you say HYPOCRITE? Did he read the bill?? Why not, Joe??? I say he's just an overweight, blowhard, southern redneck a-hole who got off to yelling at a person of authority. Pot, Kettle??
Elaine
Oh I'm sure Wilson is just as much an asshole as the rest of 'em. Politics was never meant to be a career, and I automatically suspect anyone who enters the field.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't change the fact that we're being taken over by Socialism.