Repeat.
Repeat again.
Repeat until someone goes postal.
Saturday morning at 6:45 I was awakened by the high pitched yapping from our neighbor's stupid Chihuahua.
We have a dog. If she's outside and she barks , I go immediately to the back door and bring her in. Which, if you clicked on that link, you know sometimes has disastrous results. I bring my dog in when she barks. Every time.
Why? Because it's fucking rude to let a dog bark and bark and bark in a neighborhood. It's doubly rude to let it happen so early in the morning and go on and on and on and on.
It was all I could do not to storm out of the house Saturday morning in my long t shirt, limp across the street on my sore knee and punt that little fuck as hard as I could into the wall of the neighbor's house.
::splat:::
I wavered between thinking about how funny it would be for their goddamn overgrown rat to crash through the big plate glass window into their front room or being content with the idea that if I kicked it hard enough against the outer wall it would rattle the china in the cabinets and still make the point.
I was actually visualizing the slightly hairy viscous smear it would leave as it slid down the wall and stopped at the base. A small pile of offal, easily scraped up with a shovel and gotten rid of.
I'm really not in all that great a mood these days.
Perhaps you've noticed?
These are not the most considerate neighbors in the universe, although there is certainly a bit of humor involved here.
And who can forget when Numbnuts did his roof. ?
Another Mongolian clusterfuck in a never ending universe of them.
(You must look at that 'neighbors' link. I am referencing it again near the end of the post and don't want to waste a sentence on someone who hasn't seen it. Work with me here. Go look. I'll wait.)
And now that I have a good camera, I could probably hide out in my back yard and take some very interesting photos of the collection of stuff in their yard.
But the inanimate things in their yard don't bother me. That stupid piece of shit dog does.
If their dog is outside, it's barking. Period.
Yap yap yap yap yap yap yap.
About five years ago, the wife's three teenage daughters moved here from the Philippines to live with their mom.
It wasn't long before all of them were dating. We observed with equal parts amusement and exasperation as they came and went at all hours of the night, usually sneaking out of the front door of their house and meeting their boyfriends parked down below our bedroom... and they weren't all that quiet about it, either.
That would explain the car bouncing up and down. (squeak squeak squeaking from the springs of the car... we didn't have to actually look to know what was going on.)
I could never figure out why they didn't go somewhere more private and let me sleep, but it was amusing to make bets with Eric about how long it would last and then lie there in the dark giggling together when it ended MUCH faster than more experienced people would
They'd be out there at 2 AM um, talking.
Yeah.
We weren't surprised when one of the girls started to expand around the middle. The surprise was that only one of them ended up pregnant.
The baby girl is about four now and living across the street with the rest of the family.
They bought the little girl a little dog.
I can't figure out how they can stand to listen to the little piece of shit yapping all the time. It's truly obnoxious.
And because I like pictures and love sharing them, I decided you'd enjoy getting a look at the evil little creature.
Kinda puts Santa's Big Head Alien Baby to shame, doesn't it?
Oh that would drive me crazy..our neighbors recently had a baby and now the dog is out all the time..barking..so i know what you mean..we are giving them leeway due to the new addition..but one day we will have to say something..sometimes an anonymous note in the mail can solve the problem without any bad feelings...I don't want to have bad vibes in our neighborhood..but I also know I'm not the only one pissed..!
ReplyDeleteUgh. Dogs here at night bark, because of the coyotes. DH insists that the dog has to go out to pee, and he lets her back in when she starts barking. Amazingly when he's out of town, she holds it.
ReplyDeleteBut, he does let her right in. And yappers. They're the worst. Of course, here, they would be coyote food.
Oh ! Ami, I am roaring here! Chihuahua's , I have always thought were rats with good PR!I feel you on the yappy dog issue , the neighbors have one they do nothing with and it barks insessantly ! But your descriptions LOL!!!Have a better day!You made mine!
ReplyDeleteAre you sure that "THING" is a dog?!?
ReplyDeleteOMG, you have just described my neighbors. It must be delinquent breeding season, because our neighbors just had a baby and now all three of the chihuahuas are outside yapping at all times of day and night. We keep our precious little Baby Doggy inside. He's much too prissy to stay outside for long, LOL.
ReplyDeleteI hate barking dogs. Let someone know that it bothers you. Someone who can help you and do something about the problem.
ReplyDeleteHugs!!
That thing is so ugly! :::shudder:::
ReplyDeleteYapping dogs are such a pain! Hope this weekend is quieter!