Followers

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Good news bad news... no, wait, there is no bad news.

So far this week (yeah, I know it's only Monday) there have been no penis incidents at work. However, there was a blogging incident that involved a penis.

Do NOT click on this link if you're squeamish or easily shocked...
penis incident.

Okay, admit it. You didn't even hesitate.

I met one of my imaginary friends today. My friend Shannon from Florida was in the area. She brought two of her kids with her, and we had a picnic in a local park. I have the pictures to prove it, but don't have her permission to post them. Yet. It was sort of.. interesting. It wasn't at all like meeting a stranger, we've been chatting online for 10 years or so, and have a lot in common. It was like seeing an old friend, really. Her kids are adorable. I sent her on up the Gorge and to Bonneville Dam, which are two things you should not miss if you ever head out this way.

Lyssa woke up with a weird pain low in her side, so Eric took her to the doctor this afternoon while I was at work. The doc seems to think it's a UTI and prescribed some medicine. Lyssa is supposed to call her tomorrow and let her know how she's doing. We were worried it was something a lot more serious.



I got online Monday and looked at the benefits package available to me now that I am a full time employee. The cost to insure my entire family is about 1/4 the cost we're currently paying through Eric's job, and the insurance is three times better. I'm really pleased. Signed us all up and will be faxing the information they need on Tuesday or Wednesday.


Back in June, my orthopedic doctor sent me for blood work and and EKG pre-surgery, and for some reason, it was coded incorrectly when billed, so it appeared as an out-of-network charge, which of course is not covered.

::sigh::



I have called this person and that person and been referred back to this person by that person... and still haven't gotten the problem fixed. But a few minutes on the phone this morning seems to have worked. I'll know for sure when I get the revised bill.

So yeah. That's what's going on. It's bedtime,so time for exercises and sleeping. 5 AM does come awfully early for old farts like me.

5 comments:

  1. Everything sounds good - nothing is worse than expected, so that MUST be good!

    Ah, I think the Penis Incident will live in infamy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I must meet Shannon! Jeez, she is only about 1 1/2 hours from me.

    Love the carrot!

    Congrats on the MUCH better insurance! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:47 AM

    Hope the rest of the week goes as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hallelujah for 1/4 of the cost and three times the coverage! Miracles do happen. You know, occasionally.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?