Well, let's take stock. My armpits hurt. Ditto my biceps and forearms. Oh, and my knee. But the knee actually feels quite a bit better this morning. Definitely feels better than my armpits. I'm so ready to be done with this. Remember back when you were a kid and you healed up in like, two days? Hmph.
I don't know yet how well I'll be doing this next week at work. I hate that I can't deal with my regular life and job.
I have slept very well this week, however. Vicodin is a good sleep aid, if you've ever wondered.
I'm going to invest in a good knee brace to wear to work and while I exercise.
After this episode is over, I'll pack up the crutch pads and the brace for the next time. I'm hopeful that this coming week I'll be able to wear the brace and leave the crutches behind.
Ah well.
I wear a couple badges around my neck at work. It's my uniform. On the lanyard is an electronic key card that enables me to open the door at our location and over that is a little business card encased in plastic with my name (Susan) and 'Site Teacher'.
On of the little girls (she's six) drew me a picture yesterday and signed the back.
She learned how to spell my name by looking at my badge, she said.
It's evident that she's been working on phonics instead of reading.
;)
That note is precious. haha As for the pits problem, you have to try not to actually put your pit weight on them, at least that's what they told me a few yrs back when I tore my ACL. It helped some but my hands (wrists) still hurt like a motha!
ReplyDeleteThat's hilarious...the note, not your knee/armpit situation.
ReplyDeleteCute note! I hope your knee and your armpits are 100% healed by next week!! Happy Mom's day!!
ReplyDeleteHugs!!
Gentle (((hugs))) to you my friend, Site!
ReplyDeleteHave you tried a cheap bottle of merlot for the pain? I find it to be a great painkiller. Or maybe it is a "pain forgetter."
Feel better!
I really do hope you heal quickly!
ReplyDeleteThat was cute of the little girl!