Followers

Monday, June 30, 2008

It was a good time to dye.

For years, my mom has said, "Next time we get together we'll have to try tie dyeing." but it never happened.

This time, I ordered some new dyes and t-shirts from Dharma Trading for my folks.
I even bought a shirt for Daisy.
A ruffly one.

It said on the website that no one would have to ask if your dog is a boy or a girl if you buy this shirt. :)

While Mom was driving some packages on Friday, I mixed up some bottles of dye. We had some pretty vibrant colors. I've done this enough times that I'm getting pretty good at explaining it to others.

When she got home and we finally got started, she expressed concern that she might not be doing it right.

I assured her that I've taught eight year olds how to tie dye with great results, and that her stuff would turn out well, too.


Here we are, working together.





















And here are the ones Mom did. See Daisy's shirt off to the left in the 2nd picture? I think they're terrific. Daisy isn't wearing hers in the 3rd pic, she thinks anything you try to put on her is an invitation to play. Bite, wriggle, bite and growl, all the while wiggling her little stump of tail.




3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:11 AM

    Well, your mom did an awesome job, and I love the colors!

    We used to have a terrier, he hated being dressed. He always had a downtrodden look on his face, like he was completely humiliated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are terrific!! Your mom rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE tie-dye! Those shirts are great!

    Whenever I've tried it, I always ended up with that gross gray hazy color.

    Perhaps you could post a video tutorial on your blog? And SPEAK CLEARLY, LOL. Sorry I couldn't resist. BTW, I answered your questions in my comments section.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?