Followers

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Movie Night

Instead of trying to write tonight, I watched a movie with my man.

(Premium Rush... loved it.)

Took my tangle supplies, a blankie and a pillow and spent a little time in the living room for the first time in eleven days. My god.
Managed a trip to the grocery store with him earlier today, too. I did get tired but not wiped out, and still was fine all afternoon.

I'm sort of back.

Eating actual food, although still bland. I ate a soft taco of sorts, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, hamburger, tortilla. A week ago I was pretty sure I would never eat again. Ever. And I didn't care. I was (mostly) finished with the throwing up thing, but food had all the appeal of wet cardboard.

I am making myself eat mostly decent things, trying to build myself back up a bit. My imaginary friend Karen found a link on the internet regarding the symptoms I'm having (the leg twitching, insomnia etc) and a loss of iron. So I'll go to the store tomorrow and get some sort of iron supplement. I'd eat liver, but no one else likes it, and I'd have a mutiny on my hands if I cooked it here at home.

Tonight's attempt at sleeping will be assisted by Excedrin PM, which usually knocks me out on the rare occasions I've taken it. If it works, I will definitely do it again on Sunday evening so that getting up at five on Monday won't make me die.

Matt and his girlfriend are taking a little vacation (they're flying) this week. It sounds like they're going to have a really good time, and I'm glad.

He has loaned us his car for the week, so I don't have to worry about getting to and from work, and we may be figuring out our own transportation needs during that time, too. Sure hope so. Being without a vehicle of my own is a big pain in the ass.

A fellow blogger who spent a long, long time in the car business sent me something he's written up to help friends and family with their car shopping. It's loaded with all kinds of free advice, and I appreciated it immensely.

Check out his blog here

He has a lot of things to say, and I'm pretty sure he's not worried about pissing people off. :-D

I start back to work on Monday. I can't believe how much work I missed. (7.5 days... plus of course being sick both weekends.. too damn long.)

Fortunately, I had enough vacation and personal time to keep from losing the hours I need to keep at a certain level to avoid losing health benefits.

(Yeah, that's how they do things. One more thing I'd like to see fixed. It feels disrespectful.)

So here's hoping the Excedrin PM works, at least for the next few nights. Definitely will be grabbing an iron supplement and checking with my doctor on Monday.

9 comments:

  1. so are you saying that if you didn't have "enough vacation/personal time" built up during this time when you've practically been on deaths door, that you would have lost your MOST VALUABLE HEALTH INSURANCE!?!??!?!?!? if so that is the most insane thing i've heard in a while. who are these folks who think they can pull that kind of bullshit.

    good luck back at work tomorrow. very glad to hear you are better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen9:27 AM

    So, their policy regarding health insurance is to deny it to employees who take too much time off because they're sick, uh, and really need the benefit. That makes about as much sense as tying food stamp benefits to a kid's grades in school, because we all know that the hungrier a kid is the better they do in school. Yup. Geniuses. Feels disrespectful to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, there's more to it, but if your average hours worked drops below a certain average, you're no longer considered a full time employee and not entitled to health benefits.

    I understand why they do it, but I don't agree with it,

    We're subject to some pretty big variables that control how many hours we can get.

    In addition, I think there may be an appeal process and the possibility of taking it case by case, but they did yank my benefits when I had shoulder surgery. Work comp. Got hurt working FOR this company. I may have been a little pissed off.

    However, I did not even try to appeal. I didn't know that I even could, and after surgery wasn't up to even thinking about stuff for awhile.

    Avoid surgery if at all possible.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so I get that part time employees aren't entitled to health benefits. But how could full-time employees get into danger of not getting health benefits if they get into their vacation time and sick time? This is ludicrous! Time for a change!

    I am glad that you are starting to feel better and are among the living. Hope that Monday goes okay for you and that you last the day feeling somewhat human.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, using vacation and sick time keeps my hours up so that I don't have to worry about losing my benefits. No one is threatening to take away my insurance, it's just that I have to take steps to make sure I keep my hours up one way or another. It's all good.

      Delete
  5. Beware of certain "side effects" with the iron supplement. I took them for a bit while I was bleeding so badly and...let's just say...I stopped taking them cuz I like to poop every once in awhile. /:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my. I've missed a lot, and I apologize. I'm glad to come in on the part where you feel good enough to get back to work, though! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:54 AM

    I hope you wake up feeling much better this morning. At least the getting out and about must have been a little refreshing... maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. As another blogger Jackiesue often says, "this bites,sucks,blows! I shit you not!
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?