Today is Eric's birthday. I won't be baking a cake, he's been trying to eat better.
We don't exchange presents for anything, so I did not buy him a gift, but of course this coming weekend will be our little coastal getaway, so I guess that sort of counts as a present, but it's for both of us.
Now I remember when we laughed at this.
And if I tried for a hundred years I probably couldn't top this so I probably won't even try. But you can bet I'll be bringing it up at least once over the course of the day.
It's really weird. I don't keep track of his age. I just... don't care how old he is. So when the actual day rolls around, I have to think about it.
Okay. I thought about it. Did the math.
He's 47 today.
And I am so glad I've spent so many birthdays with him.
Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday, Eric! I hope you have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteYou should get a t-shirt with that guys face on it and then wear it on your weekend away! You know "I'm gonna slip into something more comfortable" thing.
ReplyDeleteOf course, talk about a mood killer....
:::spew:::
ReplyDeleteI'm off to buy some iron on transfer paper RIGHT NOW.
Too funny! LOVE the t-shirt idea! And I hope you really do get iron-on transfer paper and do a t-shirt! Of course, I hope you do one for each of the kids and give them strict orders not to wear them until you're due home, so they don't ruin the surprise you have for him! :D
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you and your fun weekend away! :)
You guys sound like great fun!
ReplyDeleteYou MUST do the t-shirts!! That sounds hilarious!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Eric!
I really want to come to a party at your house--it sounds like it would be such a riot!
(Enjoy your weekend getaway too)
awww... Happy Birthday!!! You guys have wayy too much fun over there!!=)
ReplyDelete