Goodwill opens at 10:00, and while there were some people waiting for the store to open when we got there, it was relatively uncrowded and quiet during the half hour or so that we were shopping.
Well, except for the crappy music they were playing over the speaker system. (Note to Mental... start bringing your MP3 player wherever you go because eventually you're going to be driven over the edge with the crap they're playing almost everywhere these days and do something crazy and probably newsworthy.)
I found a large vase full of beads. Ordinarily I would not buy them, but the beads in the bottom were silver and turquoise beads that Lyssa has expressed a longing for when she's seen them at Michael's. They're expensive there, as in about six bucks for six little beads and I got a huge vase full for four bucks. There were probably more than 100 of the really expensive ones in there.
There were even some beads in there that I will be taking to work.
Bought a few books for our library at work, too.
And I was looking for pants while I shopped, and guess what? Found another pair of Amanda's pants !
Poor kid, she's growing. The pants I saw Sunday are TWO sizes larger than the few pairs I've purchased from her closet. Unless something changes, I guess I won't be getting into Amanda's pants anymore.
Poor Amanda. I feel for her. Doesn't she know how much you need her pants??
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine the pervs you are picking up with all that talk of getting into Amanda's pants!
I will have to take your word for it--the part about missing dragging the kids with you everywhere. With 4 of them, ages 11-3, I just can't picture missing that! ( :
ReplyDeleteI like to think Amanda had a baby (or 4) and just can't lose the baby weight. Even though her "baby" is 11.
Poor Amanda. I hate growing out of pants! I don't mind shrinking out of them, but I sure hate growing out of them!!
ReplyDelete