Followers

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Ahhh.


It was awesome to get back to work.

Hectic, but awesome.
Kids were happy to see me. Liam* yelled from halfway down the hall when he saw me, "Hey you guys!! Susan's back!!!" and ran over to hug me before he even put his backpack down.

Several other kids gave me hugs and told me they'd missed me.
I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me feel really good.  :)

Parents were happy to see me too, many of them said "Welcome back."

Some of them commented that things were a little hectic while I was gone. I'm pretty sure I don't like hearing that. Let me consider that a moment.
Nope, I don't like to hear it.

But I managed to get the area cleaned up and looking the way I want it to look, and had a nice time hanging out with the kids.

After sitting on my butt for the past eight weeks, spending seven hours mostly on my feet was difficult, but I'll adjust.

My doctor told me that I'll probably not be ready for the knee surgery until late June or early July. That's good. I don't want to take time away from my site again.

Too many things to fix when I get back.

On the way home, driving in the rain and the dark, I got behind someone who couldn't figure out how fast to go.

45.

35.

40.

30.

Speed up. Slow down. No rhyme or reason to it.

It's a little two lane country road and there's really no clear place to pass, not that I was in that big a hurry, but I was getting exasperated.

I finally smacked my steering wheel in frustration and bellowed, "Pick a SPEED you duck fucker!!"

Then I laughed most of the rest of the way home. I can't recall ever calling anyone a duck fucker before, but I kind of like the way it sounds. I may add it to my repertoire.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:26 AM

    I'm so glad the children were thrilled to see you! What a wonderful feeling. I hope any chaos at work is easily taken in hand. Knowing how efficient you are, I am sure it will be. :)

    Ick. I can't stand those types of drivers. They screw with my use of cruise control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. snort! my hubby hates that too, drives him insane and makes him cuss. but a duck, hmm, that is an interesting one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back to work! I'm sure you'll have the placed whipped back into shape in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, this is a stupid question but is Susan your real name? I don't know if I can think of you as a Susan, I've always thought of you as a "Ami"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard that one , but it made me lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Duck fucker? You're too funny! I called someone a fuck wipe (in my head of course) when I was driving. How hard is it to use the blinkers? It's not!
    I'm glad that you got hugs!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEAH for being back to work and for getting such a fabulous and heart-felt welcome. I'm sure it felt GREAT!

    Keep feeling good but don't over do it!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have the same thing on our back highway, 20km/below the speed limit, then almost the speed limit, then back down. It makes me mental and I am given to some ranting behind the wheel. What is wrong with those people anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep that's a new one. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?