Followers

Friday, May 15, 2009

Sorry, but

The post (or what's starting to feel like a series of posts) about Ed the Bully will be up soon.

Kitten suggested I do a Say Something Saturday post and invite people to write about their own private Eds. Since SSS has fallen by the wayside, I'm just going to ask that if you do write about your school experiences with a bully, let me know and I'll link to it.

Sunshine asked me to work for her on Thursday morning because she had no one to care for her little boy, but during the night on Wednesday night, she got really, really sick. As in throwing up every 20 minutes sick. She wasn't able to make it to work on Thursday afternoon. I told her to just stay home on Friday, too. Not only do I want her to feel better, I don't want to be exposed to whatever she has!

So I will be going in to work this morning as well.

I am usually up early anyway, but ordinarily not showered and dressed and ready to function like a human. That usually takes awhile.

My knees are a lot better, but still a little bothersome. The right one is sort of wobbly if I take too large a step or move too fast. I have a large and cumbersome knee brace (SIXTY DOLLARS!! at the medical supply place) that helps quite a bit, but it's annoying to wear. I hope to ditch it soon.

Remember when you were a kid and you fell, or had to have stitches or something but you were FINE within a really short time?

I'm not a kid anymore.

This is taking a while. Much longer than I expected, ::sigh::
I really want to get back to doingYoga, but I'm amazed at how much my knees are involved in everything I do. I think it may be a week or two yet before I'm doing Yoga again.

I've been practicing typing every day for at least half an hour, and I'm FINALLY starting to see a difference in my ability to type random letters and numbers. I will continue to practice daily.

Found a shirt at Goodwill on Thursday that I can wear for the test. The sweater I wore when I tested in October will probably be a little warm for the 19th of June.

My mom is trying to organize 50 years of photographs. She's scrapbooking some, and putting others into albums. I found her some acid free albums at Goodwill, too.

And because I'm just in an expansive mood and willing to share dreams with you...

I dreamed last night that we were camping, and I had to pee. I was looking for an outhouse. I walked all around the campground, and was getting desperate when I finally saw one tucked back behind some trees.

I threw open the door, already undoing the snaps on my jeans, and saw that the outhouse had been used. And used and used and used. The toilet was overflowing, and the smell of shit was HORRIBLE! It was so bad it woke me up.

And then I realized that the dog, who sleeps next to our bed, had a bad case of the chickenfarts.

5 comments:

  1. OMG! The chickenfarts - I am laughing out loud! It had to have been bad to get into your dream like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm not exactly sure what chickenfarts are . . . but I'm sure I do have a feeling that I'm glad it was over at your house and not mine.

    I'm glad your knee is getting better. Take it easy, girl. Don't rush it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chickenfart line I needed a good laugh.Hope you are off and running soon on your knees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I'm glad to hear it was just the dog having chickfarts. I was braced for something much, much worse.

    I think Rick has the same knee brace. As a matter of fact, he has to wear it so often that he has 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you call that dream a nightmare! Yikes!
    I mailed you something today!! I hope you get it early next week!!
    Happy weekend!!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?