Followers

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Excedrin, take me away!










::sigh::It's only been two weeks since the last one.If you've ever had a migraine, you know. If you haven't, no amount of explanation will get the point across.


A migraine is NOT a headache. I've had headaches. Regular ones that are banished with a couple aspirin and a glass of water.

Migraines are a malevolent entity. This particular one feels male, although I've had a few that seem more girly.

My head is too small to contain him this time . He lies next to me in bed. He gets up and staggers to the bathroom with me in the middle of the night. He has his hand on my shoulder, digging in with his fingers and filthy nails. He's very tall. He hates me. He likes my pain. He's eating it.

I can try explain about the pressure behind my eye that keeps me from bending down to pick up a pair of socks or a damp towel from the floor. It's that same pressure that causes me to apply the heel of my hand to the eyeball to keep it from flying out when I cough or sneeze. I can explain that strong odors (or even the not-so-strong ones) make me want to throw up.

I can even tell you about the fluid that leaks from my eye when I have a particularly bad one. It's thicker than my tears. It's the essence of sanity, pressure-squeezed from the corner of my eye, leaving only insanity behind for the monster to feed on. I can tell you all this stuff. But I can't really explain.

3 comments:

  1. I know what it's like. I've had them so bad they make me vomit, so bad that I crawl around the house testing various surfaces as pillows in hope that it will make the pain go away. (How about the kitchen floor? Does that feel better? Nope.)

    I suggest a prescription for medicinal cannabis, if you live in a humane state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so sorry you are dealing with this! Nasty, nasty migraine. I agree with sasha's prescription, too. Works wonders!
    LB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had one in a while. They suck! I wished yours would finally go "Bye" Bye! Mine would feel like something was exploding in my head. I'm knocking on wood as I type, cause I sure don't want another one.

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?