Followers

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I kicked Ass (out of the building)

Remember Ass?? Click the link and go read about him before you read this so you'll understand why I took such pleasure in telling Ass to go away this evening.

We don't have Ass Jr. in our program this year. He isn't a bad kid, but he is definitely learning his father's attitude toward women from what I saw of him last year, and our program runs a little smoother without him. This year we have the 5 young men (all the same age) who are CONSTANTLY bouncing off each other like they're in a pinball machine. I like to refer to them as The Fabulous Bumper Boys, but that's a different post. If we had Ass Jr, we'd definitely have another Bumper Boy to add to the collection.

Well, the school I work in is used for all sorts of evening activities, from Hispanic Parent Night to Fall Festival to YMCA Youth basketball. Tonight was the first night of practices for basketball. We spend the last 45 minutes of the day in the gym, and I watch the back door for parents coming to pick up their kids. When one comes to the door, I zip over and open it then hightail it back to the gym door to watch my kids. While I was letting one of the moms in at the back door around 5:30, one of my other kids (I'm sure you're surprised to learn that it was
Bill) opened the back door of the gym and let Ass and Ass Jr. in!!
I hollered from across the gym, "Bill!! You can't let people in without permission!!"

I walked over, said hi to Ass Jr. and then told Ass Sr, "I'm sorry. I'm not allowed to let you into the building. You'll have to wait outside by the South doors of the building until the monitor arrives to officially let you in." He looked at me in disbelief. "Are you serious!?" he asked. "I'm coaching the team!"
"Yes. I'm sorry." (I wasn't) "See you later, Ass Jr."


And out they went. They stood outside in the cold for 20 minutes until the monitor arrived to let them into the building officially. I had to send several parents with young men around the building when they came to our door. No one was grumpy about it. But I bet Ass is still aggravated.

Me? I feel happy.

2 comments:

  1. LMAO!! Oh I bet the look on his face was priceless!!! He's coaching the team??? Oh No, those poor kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'll probably do a really good job as coach because he'll be working hard to prove to everyone that he's a good guy. I really don't think he's a bad man, I just don't think he's very nice, tactful or considerate. YMCA has very specific coaching rules, too. But I still won't let him into the building. That's the monitor's problem. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Would it kill you to comment?